Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Favorite meal of the day

If you get to enjoy three delicious meals a day...its a good day.

If I can't even get one good meal for the day, I get sad and feel like I have to make it up to myself.

Today I had 1 and 1/2 good meals. Nothing great-just good.

For breakfast I had scrambled eggs with sausage wrapped up in a chile flour burrito with some freshly chopped cilantro and some cilantro-jalapeno hummus spread. Couple dashes of a smoky, piquant hot sauce with it was pretty satisfying.

Dinner was better than I expected. Salad done right is so damn good. I had a tonno salad with red onions, crushed red pepper, crushed black pepper (can you tell I like pepper?), carrots, avocados, and some light ranch dressing. Doesn't sound that good I know...but it was...the creaminess of the avocado with the fresh olive-oil drenched tuna...red onions with the sweetness of baby carrots and crisp romaine lettuce was delightful.

I want to eat something really good this weekend...God I did eat well in Los Angeles...

No comments: