Wednesday, February 27, 2008

spices

I know it's been awhile...either way I have no readers so I suppose it doesnt really matter :( lol...

Anyhow, I guess I haven't really been inspired lately because I really want to take pics of food for my blog. Merely written word is just not enough to showcase how exciting food can be...

On another note, I am happy to say that I finally got some new spices that I played around with..some great curry powder, cumin, and Hungarian sweet paprika. I know these are just commonplace spices to some, but I never really cooked with these before (still a newbie in the cooking world). I banged out some nice Indian spiced chicken. It was super spicy with lots of sweet paprika, freshly grinded black pepper, fresh crushed red peppers, with a hit of flavorful curry powder, and rounded off by being marinated with some creamy yogurt. What an EASY wonderful dish. Cumin is just wonderful as well...just the smell of it is enough to make me crave some good Mexican food...

I also finally think I know the trick with the chocolate chip cookies I've been experimenting with.
It's amazing how science is so important while you are playing with food...

Till next time...

3 comments:

DKP said...

umm...hello??? Last entry was Feb! I kno u've had some good food since then. And i kno u got ur new digital camera. No excuses. Get on this!

Lilly said...

Hey lady... you need to keep blogging! What did you do with all those spices you got? :)

Anonymous said...

kat!! post more - purty please? i'm inspired to write my posts too...
share your secrets with the chocolate chip cookies !!! - i keep making it too flat or cakey-like. miss you~~